Friday, September 9, 2011

I'm tired. I think. Or maybe I'm too tired to think. I think I'm just tired.


I can’t believe I only had one small cup of tea this morning and I’m still functioning without more caffeine.  Last night, I cleaned the house for 5 hours straight, 7:30pm to 12:30am.  I was a little OCD and had to organize the boys’ toys and group them accordingly (trains on train table, small cars in one container, large cars in another container, spaceships in another, Legos, blocks, etc.)  I also stocked their art table with new markers, papers, etc.  You see, 6 kids came over today and I just HAD to get it all ready.  My friend and fellow preschool co-op parent watched her kids, along with my Will and 3 other kids while the rest of the board members worked at the preschool for “new kids” day.  My husband was also snoring up a storm last night and I’m fighting a sinus infection, so I got about a total of 3 hours of sleep last night.  But today was great, despite being so tired!  The 3-years-olds were full of energy and the new parents are so enthusiastic!  Since it’s Friday, we had to pack up the school.  (Lots of rolling carts in closest, rolling up carpets, stacking tables and chairs, literally packing up the school.  We do this because the preschool rents a lodge from the city of Oakland and the lodge is rented out on the weekends for weddings and other parties.  It’s quite a workout!)  After school, we came back to my house and the kids were QUIETLY listening to my friend telling a story!  Just amazing!  And the house was still standing and there were no obvious bruises on the kiddos!  J  After a quick lunch, I went to pick up Alex from his special needs class.  He had a fantastic day!  We were able to have his social/behavioral therapist see this class for her first time and it went so well!  She got some ideas from his teacher to implement in her sessions with him, and vice versa!  Starting next Friday though, his therapist will be going with Alex to the typically-developing preschool co-op with Will, and that will also be on one of my work days.  (I work at the preschool 2 mornings a week because I have 2 kids enrolled.)  So having her observe him in his other class that he attends 4 days a week was just awesome!  So I brought Alex home and had 30 minutes to relax before I had to leave to pick up Harrison.  (Bobby is on his last week of his “staycation” so I didn’t have to bring the twins with me.)  Now we are home and I got a second wind and decide to type a little something, although I’m so tired I am probably babbling a bit.  Ah, well.  So I am too exhausted to attempt to cook anything tonight, so it’s pizza night!  But I’ll throw some fruit on their plates and it’ll look like a somewhat healthy meal, at least that is what I tell myself.  I have about 2 hours before I need to go back to Harrison’s school for a parents-only open house.  I just may have to pick up a Pepsi on my way….. 

3 comments:

  1. I really don't know how you do it Susan, but your family is extremely lucky to have you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock, Susan! Also, I love the logo for the blog. Hope you get lots of rest tonite :)

    ReplyDelete